Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday, April 13th --- Saturday, April 18th

My travel adventure went from 5th gear to 2nd gear this week as I settled into my room-for-rent and adjusting to Cecil going back to work as a Physical Therapist. During the day, I unpacked, made lists, and read, joining Cecil at her clinic at Noon to go to lunch. During the evenings we visited with her family, prayed the Rosary, and watched movies (the ones I bought).

On Monday, we visited for the first time Cecil's sister Elva's restaurant, a simple diver feeding mostly college students. Before enjoying orange pop, rice and a chicken dish (for $1), I had the misfortune of sitting on a tiny plastic chair that would not support my weight. I came crashing down! On Tuesday, we ventured to a sea-side kitcken serving us snails, oysters, squid, a baked tropical fish (blue), and of course rice and pop, for a grand total of $3. We sat just feet from balmy blue-green water and children enjoying the cool-down of a hot-noon day swim!
On Wednesday, we tried an American cafe serving burgers with cole-slaw. I just now forget what we had on Tursday, but on Friday we each brought our share of a picnic lunch in to eat at her job. Friday afternoon I observed Cecil and the other Physical Therapists at work at the clinic, while taking short walks by the sea just a few steps from the clinic!

Friday morning I practiced driving a scooter, which I would rent on Saturday. The son-in-law of the caretaker of the house where I rent a room, took me to a cemetery to practice on a loop for an hour, and later I took the two wheel sports bike around Tagbilaran City.

Saturday was the highlight of the week. I swung by Cecil's at 7am for our outing to Panglao resort island and beach on our rented scooter. Cecil packed a picnic of cold chicken, rice, fruit, and red wine! We visited a famous church with a miraculous well, and the priest (who says the Latin Mass), toured a cave with an underground lake, and enjoyed a leisurely afternoon at a public beach under a rented Nipa Hut. After lunch and a nap, we swam for 1-2 hours in crystal clear water! very romantic! It was fun to drive around on the scooter.

2 comments:

  1. Great Book by Henry Makow of http://www.savethemales.ca/ on his experience of meeting and marrying a Filipino girl found at http://alongwaytogoforadate.netfirms.com/

    James B. Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks James! I'll have to check out that book.

    ReplyDelete